I was given a layoff was told I would recive my vacation pay…

I was given a...

I was given a layoff was told I would recive my vacation pay after I left and signed my papers the papers were changed to say I quit and they don’t have to pay now because I quit instead of getting layed off I have my copy that says reason for leaving was reduction in force

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Just the superintendent of the job site he is the one that changed it and said he caint pay because I guit

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there anything I can do it’s 70 hours of vacation at 23 dollars an hour

How long does it take to get a answer you already charged me
Answered in 1 day by:
6/5/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

So you have a copy that says one thing that was signed and they went a changed it after the fact and now will not pay you?

that is correct

Thank you. In a situation like this, it certainly sounds as though you have a basis to retain counsel and sue and go after them for money owed, if there was fraud and they changed documents and what was agreed on when you were laid off, was not provided. If you were told that you would receive vacation pay and this was a condition of the layoff and it was in writing, you can hold them to it and sue. The paperwork should NOT have been changed and if they did, this is fraudulent, as you were laid off and not fired and it would appear that they want to avoid paying what they may be obligated to do. You can speak with them and make a demand for the money and show them the paperwork which does not state you were fired and advise them if they do not pay as agreed, you will retain legal counsel

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

I should send them a copy of my paper and tell them to make it right or I will get a lawyer and see if I can make it right

Yes, that is correct. Show them what you have and make it clear that they altered the document after and changed it and this is fraud. Advise that if this cannot be settled, you will retain legal counsel and go after them. You will also file a complaint against them as well, with the State and have them investigated.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney