If a developer formed a HOA but did not sign and record any…

If a developer formed...

If a developer formed a HOA but did not sign and record any bylaws or restrictions.until after the fact having sold 15 lots of 52 before hand and in our deed and closing no mention of HOA "only by word, pending"

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

NONE

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Galveston Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Are the bylaws legal if they were signed and dated after the 15 sales and we never got to vote on them and can we be forced into HOA

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

The short answer to your question is no. If at the time of contract you did not agree to be a part of the HOA either at the time or later on as a condition of buying the property, then you won't be subject to the HOA.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help out with:-)?

word of mouth or does it have to have paper trail

With real estate contacts, anything a party is looking to be enforced must be in writing or it is assumed to be a fraudulent claim.

thanks

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Answered questions

THANKS SO MUCH!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer