My question is regarding an interview and what was stated…

My question is regarding...

My question is regarding an interview and what was stated about me after that interview to an non supervisor employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has the supervisor's employee discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No--I was the interviewee and the comment was made about me

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will salaried

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The comment was made by the CEO of the company to a non supervisor nor was involved in the interview. This person should have no knowledge of my interview

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

I understand you are saying someone was saying derogatory remarks about you after your interview?

correct

Are you wondering if you have a claim?

not really--wondering if I should report this behavior to the company. The is not acceptable behavior as my interview should be confidential and private to protect my current employment

If you think it was inappropriate behavior, then it seems that it should be reported. Otherwise, if it happens again, it can always be asked why you did not report it the first time. And even if not about you, it could help the next person in a similar situation.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Thank you

You are welcome.

Please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney