I'm jocelyn I just have my ex served for sold custody on the…

Customer Question
Hi I'm jocelyn I...

Hi I'm jocelyn I just have my ex served for sold custody on the 12 of June will he get a warrant for his arrest if he doesn't show up for court on that day?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has my son and moved to Utah without my permission or the court knowledge I just want my son back in Bell county Texas with me where he's suppose to be

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
6/1/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The court would award you legal custody and then the judge may issue a pick up order for contempt if he doesn't return the child.I hope you get the sole custody and the rights tot he child.The court should resolve this I know it has been really frustrating for you and the wait involved.Giving you legal custody is in the best interest of the child here.The court can also address return of the child.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.