My mother owns property in California that she wants to put…

Hello, My mother owns...

Hello, My mother owns property in California that she wants to put under a power of attorney for management purposes, but she lives in Georgia and has no plans to come out to California any time soon. Can she get a Georgia power of attorney that applies to California property? If not can she get a Georgia state notary to notarize a California power of attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your mother in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your mother taken so far?

She has purchased the property and in now ready to sign a power of attorney to manage it.

5/31/2018
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. She can prepare, sign, and have the POA notarized in Georgia. It will be enforceable in CA. Under the U.S. full faith and credit laws, each state will honor and accept documents and contracts of another state. So, there is no need for your mother to travel to CA; she can do all this in Georgia and it will be effective to give the person given the POA the authority to act on her behalf.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.