I was told I won a sweepstakes They kept asking for money.

Customer Question
I was told I...

I was told I won a sweepstakes They kept asking for money. then finally said delivery would be on a Tuesday. for the 1.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when exactly were you notified?

I was told I won a sweepstakes for 1.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We kept sending in money all things have been met delivery was susposed to be on Tuesday it never came. The company I have been dealing with is Truman and Baker their phone is(###) ###-####no buddy is their and they aren't returning calls. my phone is(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is their any thing that can be done

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, this is a scam and you should not send them any money. These scammers will prey on victims and get them to believe they won money and all they have to do is pay some fee, to claim their prize. However, there is no real prize or money and they will keep asking for money and you will be left with nothing. Do not give them a penny and walk away, to avoid being a victim.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

I was told the money would be sent by Tuesday but it never came The lawyer l was working with won't return any calls any more.This started about Feb 5 l put in aprox 175000 is they any way to get back money for Fed excise tax
because this is a scam. That is why they will not return your call and the attorney was not likely even real. You can contact the bar and report them but I believe you will find they are not even real.
To get your money back you need to contact the police and have they prosecuted and charged or sue for damages