My.morher passed away 2 months ago..prior to her passing my…

Customer Question
My.morher passed away 2...

My.morher passed away 2 months ago..prior to her passing my sister's would not allow me or my brother to see the Will....my oldest sister took 20 acres of my mother's land and sold it for 40000 and now has a will that says I have to buy our family house that our parents paid for...must but it from my them...this is nothing my mother would have agreed to

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

They produced the Will once she passed away...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I do not see life insurance policies listed..I was the caregiver for my mother for 6 years...my sister moved her to phila during her last year of life due to my failing healrh... she kept everything a secret from me and my brother and In the Will she gave herself $30% my other sister $30 and my brother and I [email protected] who knows my mother knows she would have divided it 25% amongst each child this is fraudulent and unfair...this is forcing me to buy our family home from.my sibling which my parent would never have wanted

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 21 days ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What you would need to do is go to the probate proceeding and context the validity of the will. You should try to find if your mother created any other wills prior to the version that your sister has. I would highly suggest finding a local probate attorney in your area to help you because the probate process is extremely complicated and it sounds like there might be large sums of money involved.

While this will incur more expenses, the benefit that you stand to gain will outweigh the costs. You can search for a probate attorney in your area by using avvo.com.