How and where do you start the eviction process? MN Dakota…

Customer Question
How and where do...

How and where do you start the eviction process?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

MN Dakota County

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Verbal

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is family that lives with our 90 year old mother. They were only suppose to be there for a few months. It has been approximately six years.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

In order to have your family members removed from the home, you will have to request a formal eviction order.

This is done by filing a request for the eviction order at the local county courthouse in the county where the residence is located.

If you visit the clerk's office there, they should be able to provide you with the necessary forms and help you get the paperwork filed.

There will then be an eviction hearing date set, and the family members will be served with notice of the hearing as well.

At the eviction hearing you would just need to convey to the judge that there is no lease agreement, and the owner of the house would like these individuals removed.

The court should then issue an eviction order, and that order is enforceable by the sheriff's office.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

You're welcome, no problem! If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Don't forget to rate, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!