What is the legal time tio sell somes property whan they do…

Customer Question
What is the legal...

What is the legal time tio sell somes property whan they do not pick it up. its been left in my garage sence may the 5th of may and i do not have the phone numbwr to call him.....Gor***** *****

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is he in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has he taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think thats it,,,,,,,

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

Do you have an address for him?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
no address for him, mine is 1100 CR 123, Gainesville texas 76240
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I still have no answer
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

I am preparing an answer right now.

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

How much do you think the property is worth?

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

If there was a landlord/tenant relationship between you and the owner of the personal property left in your garage, you may dispose of the stored property if the
tenant does not claim the property within 60 days after the date the property was stored. You must deliver by certified mail to the tenant at his last known address a notice stating that you intend to dispose of the tenant's property if the tenant does not claim the property within 60 days after the date the property is stored.

If you did not have a landlord/tenant relationship with the individual, I would send a certified letter to his last known address and tell him that he has14 days to remove his property. If he does not respond, then I would dispose of it. I would also post a sign on the property in your garage to the same effect.

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question, I would appreciate it if you ranked my service excellent/5 stars at the top of the page. A BONUS is also appreciated if you think that I have earned one.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Its an ATB
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

Since is an ATV, which is worth more than $500, I would take the additional step of publishing a notice in a paper of general circulation in the area that you think the owner may live, notifying him personally of your intent to dispose of his ATV. The law in Texas for items of this value is they are not considered abandoned for 3 years. That is why you want to be able to show that you took all reasonable steps to find the owner.

Also, you are within your rights to charge him for reasonable storage costs if you state that intent in your letter and public notice.

Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you do.

If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 20 days ago

What do you mean when you say "No"? Did you mean that you did not want to publish the notice about the ATV or "No", you did not want to rate me?

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
No hive me tjr snswet
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I mean no,,, I will not pay for the response