My husband has unpaid debt. even though im not on it because…

Customer Question
My husband has unpaid...

My husband has unpaid debt. even though im not on it because of martial law there taking us to court. my husband is declaring bankruptcy I dont want to. im on a small social security check that is directly deposited. what can they do to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Weve received paperwork to appear in court. my husband was going today to begin paperwork for bankrupsy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not unless they have questions of their own

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Here there is not much they can do to you.Any real property may have a judgment lien on it but your bank account is safe.You need a separate account in your name and social , keep everything separate so he can file solo Chapter 7.

You appear pretty collection proof as you present.They likely have no means of collection in this case.They may collect if you have probate and an estate as a creditor once you decease.Thats about it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
what do i do about the court summons with court fees i couldnt even pay
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

You can file an answer here if you want and go to court and tell them you have no assets.They may not be bale to connect you to the debt here if you aren't on the note.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
im not on the bills and on the summons im called jane doe
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

You could also file joint Chapter 7 here.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

That way both of you are discharged from all the debts.Prayers to you here.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
how much would chapt 7 be to file here
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Effective December 1, 2016, the total fees you must pay to file a bankruptcy petition are: $335 for Chapter 7 here can file one time jointly.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

Here’s a list of the forms most people need when they file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Some of these, however, may not apply to your case. For example, if you are not requested a filing fee waiver, you won’t need to fill out Form B 3BA Application for Waiver of Chapter 7 Filing Fee.

B 101 Voluntary Petition for Individuals Filing for Bankruptcy

B 101A Initial Statement About an Eviction Judgment Against You (only if you have eviction judgment against you)

B 101B Statement About Payment of an Eviction Judgment Against You (only if you have eviction judgment against you)

B 103A Application for Individuals to Pay the Filing Fee in Installments

B 103B Application to Have Chapter 7 Filing Fee Waived

B 106 Summary of Your Assets and Liabilities and Certain Statistical Information

B 106A/B Schedule A/B: Property

B 106C Schedule C: The Property You Claim as Exempt

B 106D Schedule D: Creditors Who Hold Claims Secured by Property

B 106E/F Schedule E/F: Creditors Who Have Unsecured Claims

B 106G Schedule G:Executory Contracts and Unexpired Leases

B 106H Schedule H: Your Codebtors

B 106I Schedule I: Your Income

B 106J Schedule J: Your Expenses

B 106J-2 Schedule J-2: Expenses for Separate Household of Debtor 2

B 107 Your Statement of Financial Affairs for individuals Filing Bankruptcy

B 108 Statement of Intention for Individuals Filing Under Chapter 7

B 121 Your Statement About Your Social Security Numbers

B 122A-1 Chapter 7 Statement of Current Monthly Income

B 122A-1 Supp Statement of Exemption from Presumption of Abuse (only if you qualify for an exception to the means test)

B 122A-2 Chapter 7 Means Test Calculation (only if your income is above the state median income)

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
    how do i file an answer with you before i go to court and tell them i have no assets
    Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 20 days ago