I need a simple agreement created to protect myself in the…

Customer Question
I need a simple...

I need a simple agreement created to protect myself in the settlement of a business dispute.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We reached a resolution. I just want to protect myself going forward.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Automated... Nice

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 19 days ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

To clarify, are you asking for a sample agreement that you can tweak for your purposes, or are you asking for an attorney to draft a settlement agreement for you? I can provide the former, but the latter will require you to retain a local attorney, as that is beyond the scope of what we can offer online.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I would appreciate a sample agreement that we could tweak ourselves. As I mentioned, this is for a business dispute. We've reached a resolution but we want to protect ourselves from further actions. For example; he said he won't leave any negative reviews, no further legal action, etc. if we refund him the agreed upon amount. We just want to be protected on our end if we refund him, then he continues on with further legal action or leaving negative reviews everywhere.

Hello again.

A sample that you can use as a template to tweak can be found here: https://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/events/legal_assistance_military_personnel/ls_lamp_cle_mar15_settlement_agreement_and_mutual_release.authcheckdam.pdf

You need to add a paragraph indicating that for the consideration of $X, the other party agrees not to leave any negative reviews, agrees not to instruct or request others to leave negative reviews (this is important because you wouldn't want a situation where he takes the money, and technically abides by agreement, but has friends/relatives leave bad reviews), and agrees to hold you harmless from any future litigation relating to any past business between the parties.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Hello. Thanks for your information. I am tweaking the document right now. Are you able to review it for me once it's complete and provide any feedback or suggestions?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I have the document ready if you're able to briefly look it over and let me know if it's okay. Please let me know.