I leant a Funeral Director $33,000.00 to buy a Funeral home…

Customer Question
I leant a Funeral...

I leant a Funeral Director $33,000.00 to buy a Funeral home in Camden NJ and he was to start repayments in December 2017 but hasn't paid a dime. Unfortunately I didn't get the Promissory note signed from him, but I have a trail of text messages

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NJ lawyer about this?

No, but he's out of Virginia..he did my grandson's funeral here in New Jersey and my 2 cousins who were all killed together by drowning in a River last July

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

RequeStef via telephone and text messages. He calls from time to time and says we're going to get together but never follows up on his promisss

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so other than he also hasn't had my grandson's headstone which has already been paid for put there or a marker

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 22 days ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. If the first payment was due in December of 2017 and he failed to make it, he would be in breach. If you made a demand to him and he still refuses, the next step would be to sue him for the money owed and to get a judgment. Even though you do not have a note, you can use the text messages and other evidence which you have, to show this was a loan and the terms and conditions of it and that the money is owed.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have demanded it back and if a judgement is entered I'm sure he has the money under his LLC Shaun A. Reid Funeral Services even though it was transferred to his Credit Union account

Yes, you can try and sue him personally and the Funeral Home, to get a judgment against both, so you can go after the money. It would need to be known if this was a personal loan to him or through the business. That is why this needed to be in writin, so that it would be made to the company but he would be personally liable.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.