My son was locked up on 5/18 and there are no charges on his…

Customer Question
My son was locked...

My son was locked up on 5/18 and there are no charges on his record yet, but they will not offer him a bond. His court date was on 5/25 at 1pm. when we got to court we were told that they had moved his court time to 9am and we were not notified. then we were told that there was a continuance for 6/15 which means he will be locked up almost a month with no charges. what can I do to get him released?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was your son charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

I am not sure what he is charged with. when I look online it just has no bond and the next court date is 6/15.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats all I have

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation.

Do you know whether he was brought before a judge for a bond hearing 24-48 hours following his arrest?