My husband was on the wrong bipolar medication and has

Customer Question
My husband was on...

My husband was on the wrong bipolar medication and has charges on him now for flipping out but we just want to get him the right medical help he needs and not be in jail, I never requested a protection order as this is the first incident that has happened, I am waiting on the prosecution office to re write his release paper stating we cant have contact but I am curious if they are just lying and saying they will do that and I am worried he could go to jail for this situation and not be on his medication that is helping him so much now any advice on this situation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was he charged with exactly? Are there any upcoming court dates?

I think it's called domestic battery ×2

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the battery occur?

Havent hears of any court date yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

West Virginia

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 17 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 17 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 17 days ago

If your husband is suffering from bi-polar, then the prosecutor should have his cased transferred to the mental health court division.

This is a particular division in the court that specifically handles criminal cases that may have arose as a result of someone's mental health condition. The judges in this division are specially trained and steps are usually taken to help treat the individual.

For example, a mental health counselor may be provided, depending on the severity of the situation residential programs may be an option, etc.

You can also let the prosecutor know that you are not willing to testify in the case against him, and that you would like to see the charges dismissed.

The prosecutor will then have to evaluate whether or not they can prove the case without you, and if not, the charges will have to be dismissed.

Yes, the prosecutor does also have the discretion to remove the protective order or modify it.

You can also make that request to the judge yourself at the next court date.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
thank you so much
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 17 days ago

You're welcome, no problem! If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Don't forget to rate before leaving, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 13 days ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones