We have a bad ceiling on our mobile home and now insurance…

Customer Question
We have a bad...

We have a bad ceiling on our mobile home and now insurance won’t pay for it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

They just looked at it two days ago and said it was not covered because it didn’t have wind hail or weather damage.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes we paid our premiums and were told we were insured and now that we have a claim we are supposedly not covered.

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Legal
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 20 days ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 20 days ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a copy of your insurance policy?

You'll need to review it and see what exactly was covered under your current policy.

You can also have a secondary inspection done to determine what exactly the cause of the leak was, and see whether it is something covered under your policy, and you would then need to contest the agent's findings and ask that your home be revisited.

If you find that it is covered under the written policy you have, then you can show the relevant clause in your policy to the insurance agent -- if they still refuse to fix the damage, you could have grounds for a civil or small claims lawsuit.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.