I got in an accident involving two other vehicles, in which…

Hi, I got in...

Hi, I got in an accident involving two other vehicles, in which I am at fault. I hit a parked car, which bumped into the car in front. My insurance only covered $5000 and never provided the details of the other claims as they said they would handle it. I am now being reached out by the other insurance companies asking that I pay the difference of the damages, which is insanely high and is not consistent with the damages I made. Is there any way to argue against the charges based on the evidence of damage?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

For some context, I'm being charged roughly $15000 on a back bumper for an 2005 Camry The cost does not make any sense

All in all, I'm being charged $30,000 out of pocket for damages that I had no control of fixing or approving of the cost. I understand it costs more than you think to fix parts of a car, but even I know the costs they are stating are abnormally higher than they should. What can I do to ensure that I'm not being taken advantaged of?
5/31/2018
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.In California, there is no law that requires you to reimburse an insurance company for costs or expenses they paid concerning an accident. There is absolutely no obligation for you to pay the other insurance company a dime. They can ask, and they can waste their breath. If they are harassing you, you can send a cease and desist letter telling them never to contact you again. They are legally obligated to comply.Good luck!I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue providing assistance. If your question was answered, please remember to leave a positive rating where indicated. Five star ratings are especially appreciated!Best,
Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Hi Attorney 1, thank you so much for the response. I will certainly leave you a 5 star rating. Last question, is there any way they can sue or go after me if I don't pay?
Phone call session started