If I don’t receive the subpoena for an order of protection…

Customer Question
If I don’t receive the...
If I don’t receive the subpoena for an order of protection what will happen
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Do you mean what happens of a restrained party is not served with the order?
I am suppose to receive an order but was wondering what happens if I don’t receive it by choice
The court may allow substituted service such as by order of publication (newspaper) or posting (to one's residence).The problem is that if the court determines a party is evading service the court may charge that person for any legal fees, private investigator fees, and process server fees so it can become very expensive.
if I get the subpoena what happens if I don’t go to court

The court can issue a bench warrant for failing to appear.

For an order of protection?

For violating a court order as a subpoena is a court order.

Hello;

just checking in on the above.

If you have no further questions kindly rate 5 stars if you feel I have earned it - there is no additional charge to do so.

Thank you and take care!

All information is for educational purposes only; to consult with a personal attorney that can provide legal advice based on the particulars of your case, please contact:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html