My wife had gone into an er for a high blood pressure

Customer Question
My wife had gone...

My wife had gone into an er for a high blood pressure reading. Mind you she has had a high reading for a long time. I have had a hard time with insurance as i made to much dor obama care. The long and short they transfer her to the main hospital where they took blood 3times 3 bags of saline a stress test nothing much more but EKG ect. Total bill 18k. 1 week later went to a new doc for hospital recomindation he took blood found her tyroid low the pill is free all better. Hospital never said a word about tyroid as we put it on the hospital info. Kevin

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is your wife in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your wife taken so far?

Went to new doc 1 visit tyroid pill and remove a couple bad back teeth as i sujested to hospital to be the issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am trying to settel bill they want 11k 6k now and the rest by july9

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

hELLO THERE --

-

iT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO SUE A DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL FOR MALPRACTICE -- 9 OUT OF 1 CASES GET BOUNCED FROM COURT BECASUE DOCTORS HAVE SO MUCH "DISCRETION" IN HOW TO TREAT A PATIENT AND THE COURTS GENERALLY CHALK IT ALL UP TO UNAVOIDABLE HUMAN MISTAKES BY THE DOCTORS. hOWEVER, I AGREE THAT THIS BILL IS OUTRAGEOUS WHEN THEY DID NOT FIND WHAT WAS WRONG WITH YOU WIFE. MY SUGGESTION IS THAT YOU WRITE A DETAILED COMPLAINT TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH WITH NOTH DIAGNOSES AND THE OVERCHARGES BILL FROM THE FIRST HOSPITAL AND BY GOING THAT ROUTE THEY MAY BE ABLE TO NEGOTIATE A LOWER FEE OR WIPE OUT THE FEE ALTOGETHER BECAUSE THE PROBLEM TURNED OUT TO BE SUCH A SIMPLE ONE WITH A SIMPLE SOLUTION. hERE IS THE LINK TO HE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH WEBSITE -- http://www.floridahealth.gov/%5C/licensing-and-regulation/index.html i ALSO THINK IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO REPORT THE OVERBILLING TO THE INSURANCE COMPANIES INVOLVED AND THEY MAY TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE CHARGES. IT IS BECOMING APPARENT LATELY THAT WHEN HOSPITALS THINK THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE ANY TYPE OF OBAMACARE AND IT IS MENTIONED THAT THE HOSPITAL TRIES TO KEEP THE PATIENT LONGER AND PERFORM MORE UNNEEDED PROCEDURES TO GET MORE MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT AND OBAMACARE INSURERS AND THE HOSPITAL MAY HAVE MADE A GROSS ERROR ON HOW MUCH COVERAGE YOU ACTUALLY HAD. WITH A EW LETTERS FROM YOU AND SOME CONVERSATIONS YOU MAY BE BE ABLE TO GET THESE BILLS REDUCED CONSIDERABLY ON YOUR OWN. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS MUCH CONFUSION STILL OUT THERE WITH HOSPITAL BILLING DEPARTMENTS REGARDING WHAT IS AND IS NOT COVERED UNDER OBAMACARE AND EVEN WHETHER OR NOT A PATIENT IS COVERED OR PARTIALLY COVERED BY OBAMACARE AND THE ENTIRE TRUMP SITUATION IS NOT MAKING IT EASIER FOR HOSPITAL AND DOCTOR BILLING DEPARTMENTS.

-

I DO HOPE HIS HELPS AND I DO THINK YOU WILL GET SOME ACTION BY FILING COMPLAINTS WITH FLORIDA HEALTH AND THE INSURERS AND THEN THE HOSPITALS HEAR ABOUT AND MUST REVIEW THEIR BILLING. IT COULD TAKE A FEW MONTHS BUT I BELIEVE YOU WILL SUCCEED.

=

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, CAN YOU PLEASE PRESS A POSITIVE RATING ABOVE IN THE STAR RATING SECTION ABOVE THIS Q&A SESSSION SO THAT I WILL BE COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME ASSISTING YOU TODAY. UNLESS YOU PRESS THE THIRD, FOURTH OR FIFTH STAR ABOVE, I AM NOT COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME ASSISTING YOU AT ALL BY JUST ANSWER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. MARY, ATTORNEY AT LAW.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
We stated to the ER that we were cash payers. I understand they have a duty in oberservation and such. We were going to sign out as they were going to send her to the main hospital ambulance ( was not need as i was able to take her). They mad me feel like a terrable person doing so We paid all the other doctor bill already worth 3k. They reduced the bill that is already sent to a outside firm to collect ( note we were paying 350 monthly) to hospital. We neg with the firm to 11k from 18k but they want 6k tomorrow and the rest by july 9 i feel strong armed here.

I realize you requested a telephone call but Just Answer is saying the payment failed for the phone call (phone calls are extra). My suggestion is that you stay a member of Just Answer and press a positive rating here and then get back to me in a month or so regarding what responses you have received and perhaps we can come up with other suggestions if these fail (including getting on the phone at that time).

-

Either ask for me LEGALEASE MARY USA IN YOUR QUESTION LINE OR GET ONE OF THE MODERATORS TO DIRECT YOUR QUESTION TO ME SPECIFICALLY AND IT WILL GET THROUGH (I HAVE BEEN ON LINE AT JUST ANSWER A PART OF EVERY DAY FOR THE LAST 9 YEARS SO I AM NOT GOING ANYWHERE).

THANKS

MARY MEADEN, ATTORNEY AT LAW