I hire an attorney after 4months he calls me and verbally…

Customer Question
I hire an attorney...

I hire an attorney after 4months he calls me and verbally tells me he cannot continue with my case because the statue limitation run out for a personal injury.i told him to send me the papers that I had given him but he does not return back since two months ago is that legal

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Don’t no what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What can I do

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 25 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Did the lawyer get paid and file anything for you?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No
Lawyer should still turn over the file if has any documents.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekPlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!