I recently took my wifes scooter to a service center to have…

Customer Question
I recently took my...

I recently took my wifes scooter to a service center to have the rear tire replaced. I was told that the tire was in stock and they could have it done in the next day or two. Long story short twelve days later and many complaining conversations and inquiry about the cost I was able to get the scooter. I was charged 699.19 for a job that should have been no more then $170.00 I was told by another scooter repair facility. $269.99 ro the 12 inch tire which I could have purchased myself for $45.00, 220.00 labor and $75.00 for balancing the 12 in tire. I fought wth the dealer , but was told I either pay or I couldn't get my scooter. The credit card company ws no help

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

New York , this past weekend May 26th

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Contacted the credit company, BBB complaint

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can use them here in small claims in NY for the amount o f the overcharge.

Forms and self help to sue here

http://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/smallclaims/index.shtml

Also you can file with AG

https://forms.ag.ny.gov/CIS/consumer-complaints.jsp

Leave a yelp review of lack of service

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_loc=New+York%2C+NY

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Thank you for the advice

Have a blessed day thanks for rating, stars at top of page.