I was harassed online by a man in State while I was in New…

Customer Question
I was harassed online...

I was harassed online by a man in Washington State while I was in New York. He made threats of violence and what would amount to a terror incident against protesters. It lasted for 4 days on Twitter. I have the tweets in an online page if you want to read them. I can show you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have harassment charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

I don't know. I don't have his birthday which is how I would find out about it in Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your specific question about this for us?

Do I have to file charges or can I call the FBI which is who I reported this guy to and find out if they assisted the local law enforcement with charges?

Thank you for your reply.

If you filed with the FBI, they generally do not assist local law enforcement. If you want to try to pursue charges for this verbal exchange online, you would need to contact the local police and provide them the evidence for them to evaluate to determine if the threats were credible to put you in immediate fear of bodily harm. If they find they were credible, then they will get a warrant for the individual and you would have to appear at some point in WA to testify against him.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.