I got a ticket in Hawaii for not be able to provide the

Customer Question
I got a ticket...

I got a ticket in Hawaii for not be able to provide the Insurance Card over the weekend on Saturday May 5. Monday I call the Mercury Insurance and they send me the insurance card. I wrote the Traffic VIolation bureau request a continuance because I can't come back to Court and included the insurance card to show Compliance. They extend my court date to July 26, 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Hawaii lawyer about this?

How can get out of going to court because I do have insurance policy coverage from March 2018 to September 2018. The accident in the parking lot was minor with just a scratch. My insurance already cover the claim.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

My daughter help me printed out the form from Hawaii and ask for a continuance for the hearing on June 4,2018 and the court extended to July 26,2018. She checked the box Arraignment and Plea by mistake instead of checking the box Proof of compliance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in california not in hawaii. Is there anyway to ask the court for not coming back for the hearing because I am actually in compliance but was not able to provide the insurance card at the time the cop was asking me because it was the weekend.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 21 days ago
Edward Young

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a few minutes to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Do You need a co p.oy of the letter that I have sent to Hawaii Traffic Violation Bureau requesting not coming back since I am in Compliance?
Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 21 days ago

You need to call the clerk of the Court, give him or her your ticket number, and then explain the problem (in a nice way). The clerks get a lot of not nice phone calls and you want to be friendly. Explain that your daughter checked the wrong box on the form, that you do have proof of insurance, and that your insurance company has already paid the claim. Ask the clerk how you can handle this (email, letter, or fax) without traveling from the mainland.

The clerk will probably be cooperative. If the clerk cannot accommodate our request, ask the clerk what other people do in a similar situation. If you still cannot get anywhere, here are the names of two attorneys in Honolulu who offer free consultations. Tell them your predicament and see what they recommend:

James ***** ***** (808)(###) ###-####/a> http://www.honolulucriminalattorney.net/

Noah Fiddler tel(###) ###-#### http://www.noahfiddlerdui.com/

I hope this helps. Please go ahead and rate me. I get no credit for my work for you until you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question, I would appreciate it if you ranked my service excellent/5 stars at the top of the page. A BONUS is also appreciated if you think that I have earned one.

Lawyer: Edward Young,
 replied 15 days ago

Have I answered all your questions? If so, please rate me. I get no credit for my work for you unless you rate me. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee.