I need to he advised on my rights and how to proceed in a…

Customer Question
I need to he...

I need to he advised on my rights and how to proceed in a landlord tenant dispute

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I also have a question regarding my car and the mechanical issues that arised hours after a simple repair was done

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been cooperative

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

My window to my apartment door was broken on March and after close to a month I followed up with the landlord and he requested I not fix it myself because of the original trim
Is 59 in addition to the 47$?

Good question on the charges. So, Just Answer charges a $5 non-refundable deposit to post your question. Usually, it is only $37 additional for your entire interaction with me (you’re not charged per response). There is also the option for a $59 phone call, but please understand that this is OPTIONAL and requested automatically by the system, not me, although it is highly valuable, it is not required. Would you like to continue?

Seeing the fact that I'm a single mother being evicted I'd have to say no I cannot afford a phone call

No problem. So, to your original matter, what questions did you have for me about that?

Is it possible that I am being bullied by the landlord for an incident I was in no way involved in and what can I do about defending myself
A friend showed up at my apartment without my knowledge and let his dog run off leash in the driveway who then bit my neighbor

Can you help me understand how the landlord may be bullying you?

By filing a law suit for property damage, broken lease terms,as well as money owed, additionally I saw it said he was charging me for repairs I didn't make when I moved out although I have yet to reach that date.

I see what you mean.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract if the landlord has damaged your property, broken the lease terms, and is charging you for repairs that didn't need to be made.. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. This applies even when there was no written agreement, but just an oral agreement between the parties. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Please re read my previous message I think you misunderstood or misread what the situation is.
I also asked a question about my vehicle repair issue

Hi, I'm sorry about that. I think that I may be misunderstanding your situation generally so I don't want to waste any more of your time. Let me opt out and have another expert take over from where I'm at to see if they can get a better grip on your matter.