My new neighbor has the down sprouts from their gutters

Customer Question
My new neighbor has...

My new neighbor has the down sprouts from their gutters extended to the fence that separate our properties, The water empties on my property and is aimed at the foundation of my home. Do I have a legal action to take to stop this because of the potential damage to my house?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I have spoke with her and she refuse to move it. and I have spoke with the neighbor hood commissioner and she have spoke with neighbor who refuse to address it with commissioner.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Customer:*****NE, washington dc (neighbors address) my address*****NE washington dc

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My home is 105 years old and I have own this home for over 40 years with no problem. this neighbor just moved next door less than 3 months ago.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 24 days ago
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
altering the normal water flow from a property onto a neighbor’s property without permission is a nuisance and would give rise to a claim.
Make a written demand for the relocation or redirection of the spouts. If that is not addressed, you will need to file suit for nuisance. The court can award money damage and equitable relief.
While you can pursue this pro se, it is strongly recommended you retain an attorney to represent you. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspxIt is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know, as your satisfaction with my service is important to me.
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 22 days ago

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.