Ihave an esa dog. We recently moved to a place with a no dog…

Customer Question
Ihave an esa dog...

Ihave an esa dog. We recently moved to a place with a no dog policy. My dog will whine and bark if im not around but he eventually stops. I got a vrrbal warning on my dog and if anyone complains again they will give me a 7 day eviction can they legally do that

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

So far i have my dog at my moms i did purchase a shock collar that is to monitor his barking and sends an electrical shock each time he barks

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope just since my dog has been gone my depression is bad and ive been crying a lot

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Ok
I cant afford that
Ill go somewhere else
<p style="margin-top:3.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.0pt">Kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it. The offer was automatically made to you by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program. Thank you for your understanding.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, they can. If your dog is barking excessively and interfering with other Tenants' quiet enjoyment of their premises, the Landlord/property management can evict you because of it regardless of your dog's status as an Emotional Support Animal.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you. However, as an Attorney and an Officer of the Court, I have ethical and professional obligation to provide you with accurate and honest information eventhough that information may not be in your favor.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.