If you are pro SW in a probate case in Florida and as

Customer Question
If you are pro...

If you are pro SW in a probate case in Florida and as beneficiary yo an estate does the lawyer representing the opposing counsel in the estate charge the pro Se litigate for exchange of emails to obtain the accounting from the estate

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I am requesting the bank statements from the decedent I had to subpoena the decedents bank because he is refusing to give the statements. There are a few checks I need to ask about.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

Florida

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
If he is not suppose to charge me being I am pro se what steps do I take
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, he should be charging the estate and if you lose the case, then you are liable for the bills for the cost of litigation of your claim. SO, even though you are pro se, you are only liable for those bills if you lose the case, if not the estate has to pay them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Attorney is NOT providing full accounting of the estate this is why I email him to request the accounting and he sent me a bill for emails and conversations. The emails I sent to him do not answer the questions I email him. You did not answer my question

Thank you for your reply.

I completely understood the attorney was NOT PROVIDING YOU WHAT YOU WERE ASKING FOR, which is why you were sending out subpoenas and why you were disputing the estate.

The Attorney CANNOT bill you for the accounting, he is supposed to bill the estate. Only if you ultimately lose the case can he seek to charge you the fees.

Otherwise, no he cannot bill you for demanding information from the estate that they are supposed to provide.