Culpeper, Va. Received a letter of Intent

Customer Question
Good morning, Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?

Good morning,

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Culpeper, Va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Received a letter of Intent.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
How to stop foreclosure?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 22 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you owe them money, how many months?

Have you sought to renegotiate or modify the loan with them?

What have you done to try to pay up the debt?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Sent documentation for modification, but I have not heard anything approximately a week ago. I was making payments until April 2018. Transferred to another servicer on May 2, 2018. How I do avoid foreclosure? Father in-law and mother in-law moved in December 2017. Father in-law is retiring at the end of the year. Still working in New Jersey at this time.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I cannot make a $59.00 call at this time. Can you please explain what I need to do in the text?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Who do I need to hire?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can you please point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your reply.

Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Well, if you are only one month they should not be foreclosing unless they are foreclosing for some other reason, such as you are not on the loan.

The only way to stop the foreclosure I am afraid is to actually pay up the debt or fix the defect they are claiming. There are no other legal ways to stop the foreclosure. Even bankruptcy, while it may delay foreclosure, does not stop foreclosure.

So, you can use a local consumer attorney, they handle these types of matters, but if you can get the defect cured that the mortgage company is claiming, that is the best way to save the home rather than spending the money on an attorney.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.