I am being evicted, but need more time to move. How can I…

Customer Question
I am being evicted...

I am being evicted, but need more time to move. How can I gain more time? I was only given a week

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Akron, OH

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

There was a court date last Friday, but I didn't get the notice until today. I have started looking for a new house. I was let go from job, but had a promising interview last Thursday.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to stay in the house and repay all back rent . I will be able to do this if I get this job.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank You for posting your landlord-tenant question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this matter. If a writ of possession has been granted to the landlord your time to leave the property is now limited. To gain more time you would need to to some affirmative act:

1. contact the landlord and request to stay on and pay all rent due; he can at any stage override the eviction order.

2. file an appeal by filing notice of appeal with the court and motion to stay the eviction with the court.

3. make a request to the court for a stay on the eviction due to personal grounds, the court can grant up to 10 days.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

IN return by taking the time to leave a positive rating today I get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill