What legal paperwork is required to terminate a verbal week…

Customer Question
What legal paperwork is...

What legal paperwork is required to terminate a verbal week to week boarder agreement in the State of Colorado?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CO lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
I submitted my question this evening at 6:40 and it is now 11:13 and I do not have a response. When can I expect a response?
5/30/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

I've reviewed your question and I'm happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been waiting for such a long time for an answer. I've only just received your question, so please understand that wait time is no reflection upon me.

Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Colorado state law requires that 21 day notice be provided to short term tenants in order to terminate the tenancy.

You want to be sure to provide this notice in writing, and to list the specific end date of the tenancy.

If your tenant does not leave by that end date, then you would need to request an eviction order through your local county court.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.

Thank you for your response. Would you please provide me with the location of Colorado State law that states 21 days notice must be given to terminate a short term tenancy? I would like to site it in my notice.
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Sure, it's SB 17-245.

You can view the bill here:

https://leg.colorado.gov/sites/default/files/documents/2017A/bills/2017a_245_signed.pdf

I hope that helps! Let me know if you still have any questions about this.

If not, don't forget to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 2 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

I do need some clarification....the statute that you citing states for a tenancy that is more than one month but no more than 6. This tenancy has been for 2 years (more than 6 months) on a week to week basis. Is there another law that is specific to verbal week to week rental agreements?
Sent a question earlier this evening. When can I expect a response?
What verbiage is required for a rent increase notice in the state of Colorado?