I have a question pertaining to a vehicle purchase.something…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question pertaining to a vehicle purchase.something doesn't seen quite right

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Well I spent an entire day at the dealership,didnt get to see the vehicle,left the dealership on the way home they called and said they got me financed I drove back signed the paperwork took the car home noticed the speakers are blown a light on the dash was on and it has in matching tires I called they said the light is more than likely a sensor but no mention of the other issues.ive had the car a little over two weeks now.they contacted me on Friday saying the bank is requesting 3 months of bank statements I went and got those today now he texted again and says the bank wants w2s.i already signed the contract obtained insurance with the finance company as Leon holder

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
My 1st payment is due on June 6,2018
Will I get an answer today it's been over an hour
Answered in 1 day by:
5/31/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Wow I thought this is quick response.why have I not gotten a response?if I'm not going to get a response i do expect a full refund of my $5.00
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 2 months ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Thank you for your response.
OK ty
Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Shall I assume that this is a used car sale? If so, then unless a warranty is given, the sale is "as-is," which means the buyer accepts the item with all defects, whether known or unknown. Accordingly, if a buyer in an as-is sale later finds a problem and regrets the transaction, he cannot generally undo the sale.

The exception, however, is if the seller misrepresents the item in order to induce the buyer to purchase the item. If there is a misrepresentation, then the buyer can force the seller (through the court) to refund his money.

With regard to the financing issue, bear in mind that financing a vehicle purchase is generally a 2 step process ... i.e., 2 separate transactions. The first transaction is the vehicle sale. The second, independent, transaction is obtaining a loan. I say that it is 2 separate and independent transactions because the dealer sold you the car and must be paid. The bank gives you the loan. So they are 2 separate entities. Thus, it is certainly possible to purchase a car (i.e., you sign a sales contract), and yet not be able to obtain financing because of credit issues, or other issues. But if the dealer itself agreed in writing to finance the vehicle, then you can enforce that contract if the dealer does not find you other financing. In any event, you should do what is necessary to comply with the requests for pay stubs, W2s, etc. The contract likely requires you to cooperate with regard to issues like that. Moreover, it is standard for a lender to request financial information before giving a loan.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

It is a used car but came with a 30 day 1000 mile warranty
Also it was sold to me as MD state inspected,it wouldn't pass inspection with an indicator light on on the dash

Hi again.

Since it came with a warranty, then you should review the warranty to see exactly what it covers, and determine if the issues with the vehicle are covered. With regard to the inspection issue, you would probably have a good small claims case against the dealer for the indicator light if you are correct that it wouldn't pass inspection.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.