It's regarding rights of job pictures in a contractor sub…

It's regarding rights of...

It's regarding rights of job pictures in a contractor sub contractor relationship

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

WA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

There is no contract in place, someone else sold the job(s) and I've done 90%-100% of the work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have a right to pictures of my work?

5/29/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
I want to make sure I understand... you're a contractor and you're asking if you can take pictures of work you did?

I already have.
I'm a sub contractor who does bathroom remodels, and all the work involved except plumbing, and electrical if it's needed.
The contractor now has issue with my pictures and my social media presence

And there's nothing in writing restricting you from posting your work?

Was there anything orally conveyed regarding your ability to post your work?

Nothing in writing and nothing orally conveyed until now

So then there's really nothing he can do as far as stopping you from posting past work - BUT if he tells you he doesn't want you to post anything in the future and you do so that would certainly be grounds to sever the relationship (assuming he's the one that hired you). And, actually, in theory he can tell you not to post past work and of course you don't have to listen to him - but he could terminate the relationship on that basis as well. I want you to know the landscape so you'll be prepared to respond. And then if you choose to disregard that, that is of course your right. I don't do this for the ratings - I do this so that people can have the information they need (rather than just spinning their wheels) - and unfortunately sometimes that means giving good people information they don't love to receive. I really hope you understand that I'm just trying to help. If you give me a "bad" or "negative" rating for "good" information I'll be upset - and we do see those ratings instantaneously - but I understand that this is your choice. Please ask me anything - I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.
-----------
Reminder: This site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney