Asking for a friend.During Mediation with my. California.

Asking for a friend.During...

Asking for a friend.During Mediation with my

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Motion asking to revise holiday schedule with children.During Mediation my ex-spouse would constantly interrupt me when it was my turn to speak.I was criticized and accused for 2 hours with nothing resolved during our meeting.I understand the point of mediation is to listen to other person.I was calm never cut her off but the whole meeting was a nightmare.They were to the point of screaming.I am self representing myself in family court.I wanted to know my options during Mediation.Do I have to sit there for hours politely being screamed at and acussed of things.Can I ask to end the meeting without the judge being upset?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

5/29/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Mediation is geared at civility.
If one side is being nasty the mediator would step in to stop it and mediation can end on that basis without issues.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
The mediator did not end until after 2 hours and my friend
unable to speak due to his ex wife yelling through the whole session.Can my friend ask to end the session after say 45 minutes of this behavior from his ex wife if the mediator is unwilling to do anything.
can leave if mediator refuses!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney