I own a landscaping company in Chesapeake, and am being

I own a landscaping...

I own a landscaping company in Chesapeake, Virginia and am being pursued to pay back money to an association of which I never signed any contract or agreement. Am I still held liable to repay?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a VA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, I just received a certified letter today from the association about repayment.

5/29/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying that you did work for this association and now it wants it's money back? Did you have some oral agreement with it?

I went to a board meeting and then was selected via email a month later. I was never told about a contract or even given an agreement form.

Did the association give you money to do work? You said it wants you to "pay back money." Did it give you money?

they gave me 4300 monthly to maintain an 182 condo unit. My Foreman was neglected to do his job so I fired him. I got another team on the job and was given a 30 day probationary period to bring the property up to standards.

Did you do the work within the 30 days?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Phone call session started