I have a medical bill that the hospital screwed up the

I have a medical...

I have a medical bill that the hospital screwed up the insurance of.the surgery was 12-14-15 everyone else was paid. I don't think I should pay a $20,000 bill they messed up

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I worked with the insurance company for 2 yrs. Finally a guy from Premier Health figured out that they changed billing co. on the day of my surgery. The pre certification and anything done before the surgery what billed through the old co. He asked me to send him all the correspondences and paperwork I had... Then I heard nothing. A year later they start billing me again

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called them today. She said they had talked to the Ali Care insurance and that they denied the claim... They did. After 3 apparels I made and kept asking Permier to send the info they requested

5/29/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the hospital was negligent in their billing or failure to provide information necessary to get your insurance to cover, then they are in breach of contract with you based on that negligence. You would need to prove that had they supplied the proper information to the insurer when asked, the claim would have been paid and that since they did not it is their fault they were not paid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

what do I do next?

Thank you for your reply.

You seek a local consumer attorney to sue the hospital for the damages their negligence caused you to suffer.