Thanks for being there for us. We bought a brand new A/C and…

Customer Question
Thanks for being there...

Thanks for being there for us. We bought a brand new A/C and First Choice

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Continuation, Every year there seems to be something wrong. They said that it's been over four years that we bought it and now theirs no warranty. They claim that there is a leak and it has no Free on, They want over 400. to check each leak. There is 3 places to check and that's besides the Labor. What do you advice? A. Patino

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I called them to cancell. I mention that it is too expensive and that I'm not happy anymore, cause from the very begining, the city inspector left us a note that we had not pulled a permit, but they said they took care of it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/29/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I think that you should explain to them that products sold in your state come with an implied warranty meaning that they can't charge you extra for fixing the matter.

This appears to be a violation of the implied warranties of fitness and merchantability. Under section 2-315 of the Uniform Commercial Code (fitness),, it says that if a buyer is relying on the knowledge and skill of the seller to furnish suitable goods, and those goods are not fit, then it is a violation of the code.

Under section 2-314 of the Uniform Commercial Code (merchantability), which has been adopted wholly or in part by all the states, sellers are bound by the implied warranty of merchantability. What this means basically is that the good(s) that you purchase will generally be acceptable. An example would be if someone purchased a vehicle. A seller warrants that the vehicle is going to be generally acceptable, fit for its ordinary purpose, and be of a generally understood type and quality. A violation of this will ultimately result in damages for the buyer.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?