I need to know how to respond to civil suit for the first…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to respond to civil suit for the first appearance and ask for a continuance in Gloucester County Cout

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

The first step now just advise will make apt today for chapter 13 bankruptcy to protect personal property Then have to call the insurance company to let them now know about this civil case. I need to know how to ask for continuance in court so I can get ready to court apperance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question in my last response

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Legal
5/29/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 27 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On the court date you would show up and say you need a brief adjournment to get counsel. You can also seek to do so in advance by contacting the clerks office.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!