Can a munciipal agency sue its former officials for failure…

Customer Question
Can a munciipal agency...

Can a munciipal agency sue its former officials for failure to perform their duties?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are they in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

They have started an action but must amend their compalint on the issue of standing and the right to sue.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
5/30/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 25 days ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I am in NY and see no basis for such claims.
The recourse at most would be internal such as termination but as they are former officials - that is not available. A motion to dismiss should be considered.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need me
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Did not answer the question
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 24 days ago
You asked if the claim can be pursued. It cannot be done unless the individual committed fraud or otherwise breached a contract with the municipality.If you need any clarification on your answer please just reply back and ask me. I will be glad to comment further. If you have a follow up, please hold off on rating and you can rate once in the end when I address your follow up. There may be a short delay if I am helping another customer or have internet issues but I will be back to you if you need mePlease let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”