I have been talking to aman his name he gave me is ,working…

I have been talking...

I have been talking to aman his name he gave me is James terry,working in war zone in Damascus syria,he told me he wants this diplomat to bring me a box,it will cost me &8,600dollars.am I being scammed.I don't have that kind of money.he is in love with me and wants to marry me.and be the mother to his children.he is very romantic,andvery charming.can you help me

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

This is the first step

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if this is legal and also want to know if it is a scam.I feel it is.he promised me alot.I am scared

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
What is in the box? What is he doing in Damascus? Does he claim he is a US soldier? Have you ever spoken to him on the phone or video chatted?
What is the money to be used for?
Okay
No
No what? I do not understand your response.
Nophonecall
Themoneyis hishe told me he is afraid of loseing it
I want to know if it is a scam
I feel it is not legal also what is to say I send the money and they never show up
Can you tell me if it sounds like a scam
That is it
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger.When a stranger you meet online asks you to send money, it is ALWAYS a scam. He is not in Damascus and there is no diplomat or shipment.
This is an advance fee scam. The shipment will never arrive and you will keep getting messages that it is held up somewhere at various legs of the journey and you need to send more money.
Remember, there is NO shipment coming. It is just an enticement to get you to send money.
Do not continue corresponding with him. He is a criminal and deserves no explantion.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Is it a scam
Without a doubt, this is a scam.
Are you able to see my answer to your question?
What do you think Is it a scam
This was the anwer I posted to you:I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger.When a stranger you meet online asks you to send money, it is ALWAYS a scam. He is not in Damascus and there is no diplomat or shipment.
I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you being victimized by this thief.If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
Can you see what I am posting to you in this thread?
Loren, Attorney