I am purchasing a home from individual for $1,200,000.00 On…

Customer Question
I am purchasing a...

I am purchasing a home from individual for $1,200,000.00 On bill of sale they have the transaction as being sold to us for $1.00. 1) is this legal and is seller trying to avoid taxes or creditors?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

No,we have closing papers and thats it

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the home located?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this legal or is seller tryin trying to hide taxes,also would i be liable if there are creditors involved

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Legal
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 26 days ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 26 days ago

If you bought this for cash the bill of sale should reflect the cost you paid for it.I would insist the seller correct this and send you a legitimate bill of sale.I would not accept this and it should not be part of a legitimate closing.

This is your record of what you paid for the property and it should reflect that.This almost appears like a scam, a tax dodge,etc.You don't have to accept this at all.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.