About this address I need to have for this small claims

Ok, so about this address...
Ok, so about this address I need to have for this small claims court for a builder who’s breached his contract. I believe I have his permanent address (his parents or at least his mom’s house). But unsure of his current address
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

I see. What questions did you have for me about that at all today?

Any other recourse I have if he’s sketchy with his address?

You bet. Your court will have a procedure to notify them in other ways if you can't find them at their address. The most common way is service by publication. This means that you can publish notice of the action in a court-authorized newspaper. The court will require that you show what efforts you have made to locate and serve the other party before allowing this. Moreover, if the court approves this kind of service, and the other party doesn't respond within the allowed time, then the serving party can request that their action be found in their favor by default.

Ok, well then let’s say that occurs and I will make that I have a 3rd party attempt to deliver to his address, and to his mother’s/ parents house. Then I proceed with the small claims tho g and demonstrate I’ve tried with a reasonable effort that I’ve tried to contact him and that eventually ends up in a judgement for me... how do I get my money back then

If you serve him properly, the court will set a trial date. If he doesn't show, you win by default. If he still doesn't pay, then you can go back to court and request an enforcement of the judgment either by a lien, garnishment, or a levy on his bank account.

There are some cases where people have so few assets and live so far under the radar it's hard to get your money back. So it's not a guarantee, but the law has procedures in place like I described to help you get what you deserve out of the situation.

the court finds that out?
He’s been in trouble with the law including 4 DWI’s and drug charges etc etc so I’m sure he’s way under the radar... but he does do credit card swipe stuff so he can’t be THAT under the radar

I concur. The court leaves it up to you to find him, but if you do, there's methods to help you get the judgment you deserve.

Any way I can legally attain his social security number ?

I have his full name... xxxxxxxxxxxx

You could hire something like a private investigator.

If a party has trouble finding the party to be served, they can find tips on how to find hard to locate people by clicking here. This is a very useful website to help address this very problem. It is developed by the Sacramento, California law library, but believe me when I say that this is something that would apply to just about anyone in your situation.

Did you have any other questions for me today? If not, were you satisfied with my service today:-)?

Ok thank you very much!!! No further questions
SUPER satisfied!Actually can you give me the website for a legal draft to be drawn up for me?

You're welcome. Can you clarify legal draft? Are you talking about your complaint?

You gave me a website that writes a legal breach of contract for a small fee
I found it in our history. No worries.

Gotcha. You may need to click here. I'm not affiliated with that site so you may have to contact them,but they have great templates for you to use.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Lovely. Awesome! Thank you for the guidance

You bet!