DO YOU SERVE CALIFORNIA? I am done and ready to complete FL…

Customer Question
DO YOU SERVE CALIFORNIA? ...

DO YOU SERVE CALIFORNIA?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I am done and ready to complete FL 170, 180, 190

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
You're asking about an uncontested divorce?

I am filing FL 170 right now and will file 180 and 190. On FL170 #3, I did have to amend my petition because I made a mistake on a checkbox. Do mark Amened - Petition? Or just petition.Also on # 17, do I check that Box? This is a Dissolution for Divorce request.
Are you there?

I'm here. Let me take a look at your form.

So you've already filed your petition and now you're making changes - correct?

IN that case you would state that this is an amended petition.

And 'dissolution' means divorce - so if that's what you're seeking, you'd check that box.

OK, so since I had to amend my petition I would mark Amended - Petition correct?

That's correct.

to confirm on #17 I only am checking that box because I am asking the court to terminate my marriage?

Yes - that's the 'divorce' box.

On #4 section 3 - I marked A... I already served my financial disclosures and we do not have any community property to be divided. Did I make it correctly?

#4 TYPE OF CASE?

Are you referring to (C) Uncontested?

Sorry, Default without agreement

If there are no assets to address, then that would be the correct box.

4 answer = a. Below a, #3 there are 2 options and I selected A.

So, basically what you're trying to say is that in 4(a)(3) you selected A. That would be the choice if there are no assets and no debts to address.

nothing I want the court to address or divide.
8(c) - do I make both Petitioner and Respondent? I already marked 8(a).
mark

I'm sorry - I really think you need someone to explain the legal implications to you of what you're completing - and we're unable to do that here. I will opt out, however, so that if someone else wants to respond they will be able to. I just don't feel comfortable proceeding b/c there are very significant consequences to you based on what you check or don't check.

OK
FL 180: What do I need to fill out and what do can I leave blank?