I have a 4 year old son with a woman we got a divorce in…

Customer Question
I have a 4...

I have a 4 year old son with a woman we got a divorce in 2016 and in the divorce a time share plan for my to see her she picked up my son last week and has now blocked me from contacting him and stated she will not bring him back to me till end of july i havent spoke to my son in 5 days and she blocked all my numbers

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

This has happened with in the last week . i am not sure of what to do i live in miami fl she lives in jacksonville fl

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can i call the police

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 25 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The answer is yes; you can call the police. There's no guarantee the police will help so in addition to this, you should file a motion for contempt against your ex as a result of their actions.

Contempt of court occurs when there has been a valid court order entered, but a party is not complying with the order in some material way. A contempt proceeding is not to be ta***** *****ghtly. It is a quasi-criminal proceeding with a formal hearing, the taking of evidence and examination of witnesses. The accused may also have the right to be appointed an attorney by the Court. Usually, the court has forms that you can use to fill out. They are going to be specific to your state or even to your county, so be sure that you ask the court clerk (typically on the 1st floor) what forms you need if you cannot find the forms on the court’s website.

The court may decide that the other party is or isn’t in violation of the court order. If they are in violation, then the court may issue fines, and in very serious cases, they will issue jail time (usually for multiple violations). The party that is requesting the motion will have to provide the facts and possibly present witnesses to prove the case, but if they can prove it, they can usually find justice in that way.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
how do i go about going to the police? Do i go to the station?
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
file a motion what is the first step to doing this ?

I think that just calling the police is sufficient. They can route you to a police officer. And also, all you need to do is draft up your complaint on 28-line pleading paper (I've attached a copy) and file it in the court where the order was original made.

What other questions did you have for me today about this?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The police did nothing
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I went to the police station and they said go to court

I'm sorry. That happens sometimes. The law doesn't require they intervene, particularly if there isn't a risk of physical harm, but as I mentioned before, going to court is going to be your best resource because they do have to hear these cases and can compel the other party to take action.