I ordered an RV and it has multiple issues that need

Customer Question
I ordered an RV...

I ordered an RV and it has multiple issues that need repairs. It is not like the trailer I ordered from at all. I can’t get the rv center I got it from to fix anything that is wrong. What recourse do I have? I’d like my money back.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

Michigan and I ordered the trailer and actually got the trailer April 17, 2018. It’s actually considered a 2019

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Contacting r

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

General RV about every week and getting the pat answer “ I’ll have someone call you” and nothing ever happens. I have typed a letter to keystone and General rv with all the problems listed plus a CC toBetter Business Beuear which I will send out tomorrow

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did you buy the vehicle as is?

Ordered it new

This appears to be a violation of the implied warranties of fitness and merchantability. Under section 2-315 of the Uniform Commercial Code (fitness),, it says that if a buyer is relying on the knowledge and skill of the seller to furnish suitable goods, and those goods are not fit, then it is a violation of the code.

Under section 2-314 of the Uniform Commercial Code (merchantability), which has been adopted wholly or in part by all the states, sellers are bound by the implied warranty of merchantability. What this means basically is that the good(s) that you purchase will generally be acceptable. An example would be if someone purchased a vehicle. A seller warrants that the vehicle is going to be generally acceptable, fit for its ordinary purpose, and be of a generally understood type and quality. A violation of this will ultimately result in damages for the buyer.

You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation. How else can I help you today?