I am in DC and on yesterday I was issued a protection order…

Customer Question
Hello I am in...

Hello I am in Washington DC and on yesterday I was issued a protection order served by the police and the person is my partner who I lived with

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a DC lawyer about this?

Interesting enough I have a lawyer on a case who is a public defender but not in this regard

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have reached Out to him and he is supposed to call me back today and I have not contacted any anyoneI was told to follow up to get my things today but I have no way of contacting or who to contact I was told to follow up to get my things today but I have no way of contacting or who to contact

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is Alex.Thank you for your question.I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you?
Hello Alex thank you for responding I Was issued a protection order against me on yesterday and I was informed by the police officers that escorted me out to follow up to get my things today I have no way of contacting them or do I just call the police apartment self and have them come out also what rights do I have as far as making sure that I can get my items out of there in a timely fashion without being rushed
I can’t afford that fee at the moment I’m staying in a hotel because of this
I just paid 47 dollars