As a Landlord, I just received a mechanic's lien from a tool…

Customer Question
As a Landlord, I...

As a Landlord, I just received a mechanic's lien from a tool rental co, against my property because Tenant rented tools from this tool rental business.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

What should I do to avoid liability?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to avoid liability from Tenant!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/28/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 2 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

This sounds a bit odd. Did the tool company do work on the property? Did you know or give consent for the work to be done?

no. Its only tool rental co.
Im in AZ
I did not know what Tenant was doing nor authorized him

Hold, please. I am with another customer.

It would not seem to me that the company had a right to place a mechanic's lien on the property. It sounds like this Mechanic's Lien is invalid. Have you demanded or asked the company to remove the lien?