I have been married..living in austin tx for 24 yrs...my…

Customer Question
I have been married..living...

I have been married..living in austin tx for 24 yrs...my husband is 1005 disabled thru the va...and we both get soc. sec...he has had numerous affairs...not that it will prob. come into play...when we met he had a house and land in lake austin estates ...he was behind on the payments for both the house the insurance and child support...i paid them all...the house burnt down i paid for the lawyer to rep.in the fire...we then together bought a manufactured house ..getting a loan in both our names and using the land as security....im ready to get a divorce...and the property that we still owe 75,000 on is worth 325,000.00...even if the land was his before our marriage when we took out the loan together using the land...didnt it become both of our property to split the equity when we sell it in a divorce

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No...i wanted to see if the land was both of ours when we used it to get a loan together for the man home before i did anything

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Texas

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/28/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
Even if the land was his before our marriage when we took out the loan together using the land...didnt it become both of our property to split the equity when we sell it in a divorce <-- Are you asking if the land was yours jointly because you used it as collateral on a loan?