I got some prop money offf line and used it at stores to by…

Customer Question
I got some prop...

I got some prop money offf line and used it at stores to by stuff now ive got a warrent for my arrest for counterfit money used what do i do

Lawyer's Assistant: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?

No charges yet havent turned myself in yet dont no what to do ive been told the feds are involved

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Vt

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im scared and never been in troubnle at all

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did you learn that there is a warrant for your arrest? What makes you think that the federal government is involved? How much counterfeit money did you access and spend?

the cops spoke to my dad and have tried caalongh me but i didnt answer my friend called the morrisville pd they first said they could not tell her any thing then asked my name and wanted her to speak with a officer she said no she would only speak to her friend thats a officer when he gets bk on duty
i spent around 10000
i cant call so have to communicate online sorry

Thank you. No problem about the call. That's a premium service requiring an extra fee and it is strictly optional. Please wait while I type you a reply. You needn't stare at the screen. JustAnswer will email you once I've posted.

no i cant pay any more then i have

If the police are looking for you, you need to get yourself a criminal lawyer first thing on Tuesday morning after the holiday. The lawyer can contact the police and broker a voluntary surrender with the police so that you don't have to spend any more time in jail awaiting a judge and a bail determination than is absolutely necessary. In that way they wont' try to pick you up at home or embarass you by showiing up at the workplace.

The lawyer can also let the police know that you are represented by counsel so that they wiill not interrogate you and try to get admissions or a confession from you.

This would be a felony charge because of the amount involved. Typically, the federal government wouldn't be interested in a case where the money involved was only $10,000. An exception would be if this is part of a much larger organized criminal racket of some type.

Meanwhile, until you get local counsel, keep in mind that anything you say to anyone other than your lawyer can potentially be used against you in court. So no matter how much you may want to talk about this to help get your head straight, it's not a good idea. Your right to remain silent rather than incriminate yourself is one of the most important rights you have when you're the suspect or the defendant in a criminal case. Don't let the police or anyone else question you about this. Save it for your lawyer.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.