If you own a mobil home in a mobil home park and rent it…

If you own a...

If you own a mobil home in a mobil home park and rent it out, are you the tenant as far as the landloard (park owner) is concerned or is the rentor the tenant? I'm asking about landscaping resonsibilities.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What type of landscaping responsibilities belone to the landlord.

5/28/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.

The owner of the mobile home would, presumably, be the person who signed the contract with the mobile home park - and I'm assuming that the contract refers to the mobile home owner as the "tenant" and so that's the person who the mobile home park would come after in the event of a breach under the terms of the contract. If there is a sublessee that the mobile home owner has a relationship with, then the mobile home owner can potentially sue the sublessee for damages if the park sues the mobile home owner.

Please let me know if I've answered your question or if there's anything you need me to clarify, explain or follow up on - and I'd be happy to do so! If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 3 or more stars; 5 stars is definitely appreciated! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you. We get notification of our ratings instantly. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question; please do NOT rate negatively because you think I'm not going to come back - this is not like an auto connect-type communication with some companies. We are *real* lawyers and we may be in meetings or on the phone when you next respond so please be patient if you don't get a response in 10 minutes - or even an hour. I WILL come back and answer all of your questions.
-----------
Reminder: This site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney