My wife moved out a year ago and now she wants to sell the…

Customer Question
My wife moved out...

My wife moved out a year ago and now she wants to sell the house. Does she have to pay the realtor fee in the state of Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has your wife taken so far? Has she prepared or filed any paperwork?

No we met with a mediator . Talked to a lawyer though my works eap ! Thought she told me she would? Just want to be sure!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has she talked to a KS lawyer about this?

Don’t know?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Sean K, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Sean K
Sean K, Lawyer

Hi, I’m Sean and I will be assisting you as an expert today. I’m an attorney with more than 20 years of experience. It is my goal to provide a solid overview of your situation. Whether the analysis is good or bad as to your matter, I want to make sure you understand any points you need and that you have options to better address the questions you have. If I am able, I will also provide you with some resources. Please note that the system, independent from me, may offer a phone call. You are not obligated to engage in a phone call, but I am happy to speak if you desire. This is completely up to you.

Basically two ways to approach this.

First would be to pay sell the home and at closing from the total sales price deduct the net costs of closing such as the payoff of any mortgages or equity lines, the realtor's fee/commission, other closing costs and the like. This would result in net proceeds and those could be divided as you and she see fit by doing this, each of you equally share in the costs of closing.

Otherwise it would be as determined between you, meaning that you could decide that you or she paid all or a other than 50% portion. If this was done, the realtor's fees/commission would be set aside and the other costs of closing determined then then when each of your individual shares are determined, the last step would be to account for the realtor's fees/commission.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if there are more questions based on what I have provided.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation.

If you have any follow up questions it would be my pleasure to answer them. As experts we only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate us positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! There is no cost associated with you rating me and you can still ask follow up questions after rating me and I will respond.

One final point, there may be a delay between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but rest assured, if you ask, I will provide an answer. Thank you again.