I BUY A TRAILER HOME FROM MR 8/22/2017 AND SALEAGREEMENT FOR…

Customer Question
I BUY A TRAILER...

I BUY A TRAILER HOME FROM MR SMITH 8/22/2017 AND SALEAGREEMENT FOR 2 YRS TO PAID OFF I PAID $20,000 WITH $5,000 DOWN PAYMENT IN 2018 I PAID $4,000 ALREADY $11,000 LEFT

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I HAVE TILL THE END OF FEB 2019 TO PAID OFF BUT HE SUE FOR LOT RENT AND RENT PYMENT OH I AM IN ALASKA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

SO THE COURT SERVE ME A PAPER TO APPEAR ON 6/4/2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

WHEN I BUY THE TRAILOR HOME ,WE WENT TO COURT COUNTY CHANGE TITLE TO MY NAME AND PROPERTY TAX TO MY NAME ..BUT HE SUE FOR RENT FROM MARCH OF THIS YRS THE END OF THIS MONTH FOR I HAVE CONTRACT WILL GLENCAREN ESTATE FOR LOT RENT SINCE 9/3/2017 PAID LOT RENT $405 EVERY MONTH.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
5/27/2018
Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello there --

There are almost always "Lot Fees" when you purchase a trailer home. These lot fees go to the actual owner of the land where the trailer home is situated on. If you have a written sales agreement for the trailer home and receipts of what you have paid for THAT, you should be fine in the court hearing as far as the trailer home goes. Now, regarding the LOT FEES - if YOU have been paying the lot fees directly to the land owner (Glencaren Estae as you called it) then you should either have receipts or bank statements to show that you HAVE been paying the lot fees directly to the owner. If there is genuinely no money that you owe to this former owner, you WILL have to appear in court with all of your paperwork to show the court that the trailer has been and is being paid for and you have paid the lot fees directly to the owner of the lot. If this man's case is nothing but harassment and a way to get more money from you, the court will see through it. NOW, I know it is a pain in the rear to be summonsed to court but you WILL have to appear on that day and time with all of you paperwork to squash this man's case like a bug. It is inconvenient and unfair , but there is nothing that I can tell you or offer you to get out of the court date and going to court. IF YOU DO NOT APPEAR -- then this crook will get what is called a DEFAULT judgment on you and that DEFAULT judgment means that he automatically wins the case and whether you have paid these lot fees or not, with a DEFAULT judgment he can get the court to attach bank accounts and do things like seize and sell your car in order to pay a DEFAULT judgment.

-

So, my overall recommendation to you is get your paperwork in order and proof that you have paid these lot fees to the owner already -- these can be either your own receipts or a PRINT OUT from GLENCAREN ESTATE that these lot fees have been paid and there is nothing to this man's case. If you have everything in order you should be fine in court and the last and final payments you would need to make to this man are the payments scheduled under the sales agreement for the trailer itself. It sounds like he is either looking for money he is not entitled to or looking for money from the sales agreement earlier than you are required to pay it. You should be fine in court when you show all of your receipts to the clerk and judge. Just make sure you appear on the correct court date and I suggest that you call the court 2 or 3 times before the hearing date just to make sure that the hearing date has not been changes without notification to you (you would not BELIEVE how many times that happens -- you are are supposed to be notified of date changes but sometimes they do not get to you and if you are in Alaska with such remoteness that may even be a bigger concern that you may not be notified of a change in date of the hearing).

-

I hope that helps you to understand the position you are in. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I am happy to answer any follow up questions. If not, can you please press the third, fourth or fifth star in the star rating boxes above this conversation or I will be given no credit for assisting you on this question (Just Answer will treat it as if I never gave you an answer and I will not be paid). I do appreciate it very much. THANK YOU

MARY

Hello again --

-

Do you have any further questions for me at this time? If not, can you please press the third, fourth or fifth star above in the ratings section so I will be compensated for my time? I realize that you are a member of Just Answer, but they are the only ones who get paid unless you press the third, fourth or fifth star above in the ratings section to give me a fair to excellent rating. If you have follow up questions after your court hearing I am happy to also answer those on these pages and it can be done even after you press a positive rating for me above. I really do appreciate it. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY